Development and testing of a process chain for the placement of former detainees as specialists in the labour market
NEXT STEPS seeks to develop a close cooperation model and establish a process structure between regional prison and probation services and their stakeholders. These include the private sector, training institutions, community organisations and other entities.
The project will expand the structures established in the previous STEPS project and involve the business community. These organisations can promote access to sports clubs, and pre-select, prepare and direct inmates to access the labour market after their release. At the same time, the project will create opportunities for companies to recruit qualified and highly motivated workers.
- Connect prisons with companies that would like to employ ex-inmates as trainees, apprentices or qualified specialists, and voluntary structures that would like to build up an accompanying social network;
- Establishment and expansion of regional networks and creation of a tested model for the process chain of documentation interchange;
- Continued use of the developed instruments beyond the project’s lifespan.
- A database-supported systematisation of companies that would like to offer internships, training or jobs for released offenders.
- Observation sheets for prison staff to objectively record key competencies of inmates that can be of crucial importance for working life.
- Program-based collection of school grades by correctional officers, allowing the identification of inmates passible of being registered for vocational school certificates.
Westdeutscher Handwerkskammertag (West German Chamber of Crafts), Germany
- IPS_Innovative Prison Systems, Portugal
- The Austrian Center for Lifelong Learning, Austria
- Base- und Softballvereinigung Wassenberg 01 e.V. (Wassenberg Base and Softball Association), Germany
- Scuola Costruzioni Vicenza Andrea Palladio (Construction School Vicenza Andrea Palladio),Italy
- Talentbrücke GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- Antigone Onlus, Italy
- Linc, Italy
National Agency Education for Europe at the Federal Institute for Vocational Training
ERASMUS+ KA220-ADU – Cooperation partnerships in adult education
01/01/2022 – 30/06/2024 (30 months)
Facilitating ex-prisoners reintegration in the labour market by developing a model of close cooperation between key regional actors.
Criminal Justice Reform, Offender Rehabilitation, Training & Development
Austria, Germany, Italy, Portugal