European Interaction Guidelines for Education Professionals when working with Children in Juvenile Justice Contexts
EIGEP proposal focuses on reducing the disparities in the learning outcomes of the educational experience of a child within the juvenile justice system, compared to the ones delivered in mass education.
- Improving the learning outcomes of education in juvenile settings through:
- Developing a European key competency profile for the child and youth learning professionals working in juvenile justice;
- Developing a modular, tailor-made induction support for teaching and learning professionals working in juvenile justice system, based on the previously developed European key competency profile.
- Improving the management of teaching and learning professionals through measures to develop the learning dimension of the juvenile justice system in the partner countries and at European level, by:
- Mainstreaming the induction support and its components in juvenile justice system and alternative systems that support the education of children and youth offenders, at educational department and staff management level;
- Promoting in the European public agenda the juvenile justice education, its paramount importance and the key measures needed for the learning outcomes to improve.
- Education in the Juvenile Justice context research report – “Current situation” paper for each of the partner countries and a structured common report relevant at European level highlighting the challenges of delivering education in the juvenile justice context;
- Structured public hearing on the state of Education in the Juvenile Justice Context;
- European profile of specific competencies for education professionals when working with children in juvenile justice contexts;
- Virtual environment for education professionals working in juvenile justice;
- National and transnational policy maker meetings;
- Parliamentary Committees Meetings.
LAB BSAFE (Beira Interior University), Portugal
Sistemas prisionais IPS_Innovative, Portugal
Centro para a Promoção da Aprendizagem ao Longo da Vida (CPIP), Roménia
National Prison Administration (NAP), Roménia
Apoio psicológico e aconselhamento do centro de (PPKC), Lituânia
Parceria TITAN, Reino Unido
ABCD Community Services, Reino Unido
Programa Erasmus +, KA3 – Support for policy reform: Forward-Looking Cooperation Projects
01/09/2015 - 31/12/2018