Holistic Radicalisation Prevention Initiative
HOPE strives to create a network that supports continuous training and knowledge sharing in the Balkan, Southern and Eastern European countries, a European learning hub on Radicalisation. A network of training and research organisations, academies, prison and probation systems, that can intervene on radicalisation prevention and disengagement but also to improve the transition process between prison and/or probation systems and the community for those at risk of radicalisation or who have been radicalised. It will achieve this outcome by promoting a holistic radicalisation prevention initiative focusing on offenders, front line staff and community organisations.
- To develop newly-designed, innovative, and multidisciplinary approaches to teaching and learning, in order to raise awareness, foster overall knowledge, and enhance competencies within a regional stakeholders network;
- To create a network of training institutions, introducing new content and teaching/learning innovations that aim to increase the efficiency – and results – of training interventions;
- To improve, on the one hand, the set of skills of judicial, prison and probation professionals on how to identify and prevent radicalisation in correctional settings and, on the other, the skills of community organisations staff (including religious organisations) on how to deal with these individuals at the prevention, Gestão, and intervention stages;
- To implement a regional-specific approach supported by active and collaborative methods (with expert partners) that will be not only for collecting and discussing needs, learnings and best practices – training sessions, workshops, high-level seminars and policy forums – but also for the development and implementation of effective training programmes.
- Creation of a network for training and knowledge sharing (Balkan, Southern and Eastern European learning hub);
- Increased awareness about the phenomenon of radicalisation and extremism that lead to terrorism in detention environments;
- Improved understanding about detecting “red flags” of violent radicalisation and about the prevention and detection mechanisms currently in place in some European countries;
- Enhanced capacity to deal with inmates at risk of radicalisation or radicalised by receiving training and gaining new knowledge and tools useful for everyday challenges;
- Common understanding by practitioners and decision-makers of the necessary strategies to be implemented when dealing with the transfer of radicalised individuals in detention or under community supervision (contributing to the application of the European Council Framework Decisions).
IPS sistemas prisionais inovadoras (Qualify Just – IT Solutions and Consulting), Portugal
Agenfor International, Itália
Bucharest-Jilava Penitentiary, Roménia
The project “HOPE – HOlistic radicalisation Prevention initiativE” is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Regional Cooperation.
Creating a network (research organisations, academics, prison and probation services and NGOs) that supports continuous training and knowledge sharing in the Balkan, Southern and Eastern European countries: a European learning hub on radicalisation
Reforma da Justiça Criminal, Segurança, Treinamento & Desenvolvimento
Portugal, Espanha, Itália, Noruega, Eslovénia, Sérvia, Bulgária, Roménia
Local na rede Internet