Radicalisation Prevention Competences’ Development Programme for Justice Professionals
The R4JUST project aims to prevent and reduce the risk of radicalisation and violent extremism inside prisons by exploring a multi-sectoral approach, intending to enhance the competences of prison staff (RRAP Toolset – Multi-level radicalisation approach towards governors, frontline staff and technical staff), probation staff (e.g., probation officers/supervisors, psychologists), as well as judges and prosecutors while fostering criminal and judicial multi-sectoral cooperation and networking on countering and preventing radicalisation.
- To implement a multi-sectoral approach to prevent radicalisation and violent extremism inside prisons and to reduce their risk;
- To enhance the competences of prison staff through the use of the RRAP Toolset (Multi-level radicalisation approach), including prison governors, frontline and technical staff, as well as probation staff (probation officers/supervisors, psychologists, etc), judges and prosecutors;
- To foster criminal and judicial multi-sectoral cooperation and networking in the field of radicalisation prevention and countering.
- Development of a survey intended at providing a groundwork for a thoughtful state of the art during, as well as a database of EPs/ESs;
- A multi-sectoral training comprising four courses directed at 1) prison staff, 2) probation staff, 3)judicial professionals, e 4) trainers), as well as piloting activities;
- Development of a training course for all justice professionals concerning the effectiveness of EPs/ESs will be developed/piloted;
- Engagement of justice professionals in multiple multi-level and cross-pollination actions;
- Development of the website, certification courses for justice professionals, and an international conference.
BSAFE Lab – Aplicação Da Lei, Justice and Public Safety Laboratory of Beira Interior University, Portugal
IPS sistemas prisionais inovadoras (Qualify Just – Soluções de TI e Consultoria), Portugal
Directorate-General for Reintegration and Prison Services (DGRSP), Portugal
College of Public Administration Bremen (Hochschule für Öffentliche Verwaltung), Alemanha
Agenfor International, Itália
Federal Public Service Justice, Bélgica
West University of Timisoara, Roménia
Penitentiary Bucharest Jilava, Roménia
ICPA Stichting Foundation office in Europe, The Netherlands
European Commission: Directorate-General Justice and Consumers (DG Justice Programme)
01/09/2019 - 28/02/2022 (30 meses)
Exploring a multi-sectoral approach aimed at enhancing the competences of staff in prison, probation and judicial settings in order to prevent and reduce the risk of radicalisation and violent extremism in prisons.
Reforma da Justiça Criminal, Segurança, Treinamento & Desenvolvimento
Portugal, Alemanha, Itália, Bélgica, Roménia, The Netherlands
Local na rede Internet