Radicalisation and Violent Extremism Prevention in the Community
R2COM aims to foster and enhance the involvement of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE), especially in the follow-up/aftercare provision of newly released individuals. The initiative will pursue this by improving the competencies of NGOs’ professionals in the area with sustainable, tailor-made, and needs-oriented training programmes.
Hence, R2COM intends to improve the management of individuals prone to radicalisation by increasing the success of NGOs’ interventions. It will also promote cooperation and the establishment of dynamic synergies amongst NGOs in the EU and beyond.
- Expand knowledge and comprehension on “what works” and “what does not work” in the involvement of NGOs in P/CVE;
- Widen opportunities for knowledge, experiences, and expertise sharing between NGOs working in P/CVE;
- Deepen the involvement of NGOs in P/CVE initiatives and follow-up/aftercare provisions;
- Promote practices to adequately respond to the needs of NGOs’ professionals in P/CVE;
- Produce reliable material to appropriately support and guide NGOs’ actions when working with at-risk individuals;
- Establish a steady radicalisation risk screening tool, apt to be used by NGOs to assess individuals “propensity towards engagement” into radical viewpoints/activities.
- A comprehensive account of evidence-based knowledge and know-how towards capacitating and specialising NGOs’ professionals on reintegration and P/CVE;
- Optimised role of NGOs on P/CVE;
- Innovative and forward-looking knowledge and skill base to enhance NGOs’ professionals’ competencies on reintegration and P/CVE;
- Achieve better handling of individuals vulnerable to radicalisation (and those who might already be radicalised) in community settings.
- IPS_Innovative Prison Systems, Portugal
- Associazione Carcere e Territorio (Prison and Territory Association), Italy
- Partners Kosova Center for Conflict Management, Kosovo
- Albanian Helsinki Committee, Albania
- Transform, Sweden
- Crime Prevention Fund – IGA, Bulgaria
- UNITED for Intercultural Action – European Network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees, Hungary
ERASMUS + (European Commission)
KA220-ADU – Cooperation partnerships in adult education
01/11/2021 – 31/10/2024 (36 months)
Promoting the involvement of NGO’s in preventing and countering violent extremism in community settings
Offender Rehabilitation, Community Safety, Training & Development