HORUS 360º iOMS intelligent Offender Management System
Information systems concerning offender management are crucial for correctional administrations. However, due to the high-cost solutions available in today’s market, many jurisdictions globally do not yet benefit from a reliable source of information supporting decision-making throughout the Criminal Justice process flow.
Within this framework, the HORUS360 project aims to conduct R&D on an advanced, intelligent and holistic framework supporting the operation, decision-making, activities and information management during the entire “life cycle” of penal sentences, covering custodial and non-custodial judicial measures, rehabilitation processes and related judicial and administrative decision-making.
- Research and develop an intelligent offender management system that will embody state-of-the-art technology exploring artificial intelligence, big data and predictive analytics;
- Research on solutions that allow managing the life cycle of citizens in custody or supervised within the scope of criminal proceedings (prison and probation) and support decision making within the scope of detention, rehabilitation, therapeutic intervention, court decisions, decisions on security measures, treatment, or early release from prison;
- Contribute to increasing transparency and equity of decisions affecting those citizens who are involved in the criminal justice system, as well as improving human, logistic, financial, and time resource management across criminal justice organisations;
- Close global gaps caused by the lack of intelligent offender management solutions in criminal justice systems.
- Preliminary studies and industrial research allowing the identification and updating of state of the art on offender management systems at the global level, including existing solutions, a diagnosis with potential users, as well as scientific and technological advances on the project subject matter;
- Acquisition, combination, design and use of scientific and technological knowledge and techniques;
- Dissemination of the project results across scientific and sector stakeholders.
IPS_Innovative Prison Systems (QUALIFY JUST – IT Solutions and Consulting Lda), Portugal
iTech-ON – Information Technology Research and Development, Portugal
Portugal 2020 – Centro 2020 – European Regional Development Fund (View project sheet)
03/2021 – 06/2023 (28 months)
Researching an intelligent offender management system to support the management of criminal sentences life cycle from end to end, contributing to offender rehabilitation and informed court decisions.
Criminal Justice Reform, Information Technology