Strengthening a comprehensive approach to preventing and counteracting radicalisation based on a universal evidence-based model for evaluation of radicalisation prevention and mitigation
INDEED aims to strengthen the knowledge, capabilities and skills of preventing violent extremism (PVE) / countering violent extremism (CVE) and deradicalisation within first-line practitioners and policymakers in designing, planning, implementing and evaluating initiatives in the field through an evidence-based approach. INDEED builds from the state-of-the-art, utilising the scientific and practical strengths of recent activities – enhancing them with complementary features to drive advancements and curb a growing rise of radical views and violent behaviour threatening security.
- To develop a co-created evidence-based approach to the evaluation of PVE/CVE and deradicalisation initiatives, and design, plan and implement such initiatives in a proven manner;
- To foster capacity building, knowledge transfer and skills development in the evaluation of PVE/CVE and deradicalisation initiatives and the designing, planning, and implementation of the preventive and mitigating measures;
- To contribute to increasing the sense of security among EU citizens by improving the effectiveness of policies and security measures in the area of PVE/CVE/deradicalisation;
- To increase the visibility of INDEED outcomes and facilitate processes for their broad use, exploitation and sustainability; e,
- To ensure ethics-centred evaluation and design, enshrining gender mainstream, fundamental rights standards, and societal desirability at the core of PVE/CVE/deradicalisation initiatives.
- Identification and analysis of the scientific concepts and approaches to the evidence-based evaluation of initiatives on PVE/CVE/deradicalisation;
- Identification of practitioners’ and policymakers’ gaps and requirements;
- Development of the Evidence-Based Evaluation Model (EBEM) for radicalisation prevention and mitigation and an Evaluation Tool dedicated to the PVE/CVE/deradicalisation initiatives;
- Evidence-based evaluation of European, national, regional and local PVE/CVE/deradicalisation initiatives;
- Strengthening practitioners’ and policymakers’ field competencies for Evidence-based Practice;
- Gender, legal, ethical and social aspects.
Sistemas prisionais IPS_Innovative, Portugal
VUB Institute for European Studies, Bélgica
Hallam University, Reino Unido
University of Helsinki, Finlândia
Vienna Centre for Societal Security, Áustria
DEEP BLUE, Itália
Local Police RUPEL, Bélgica
Hellenic Police, Grécia
Riga Municipal Police, Letônia
Madrid Municipal Police, Espanha
Horizon 2020 (European Commission)
09/2021 - 08/2024 (36 meses)
Strengthening the knowledge, skills and abilities of first-line practitioners and policymakers in deradicalisation and preventing and countering violent extremism.
Reforma da Justiça Criminal, Segurança, Treinamento & Desenvolvimento