IPS Innovative Prison Systems proudly introduces its groundbreaking technological solution — the HORUS 360º iOMS Intelligent Offender Management System. This state-of-the-art software has been designed to meet the current and future needs of correctional systems, and it represents a significant leap forward in organisational modernisation and digital transformation of the sector.
A Truly Intelligent Offender Management System
HORUS 360º iOMS is not just a system; it’s a paradigm shift in the comprehensive management of individuals within the criminal justice system. This solution, which is currently the only evidence-based commercial of-the-shelf (COTS) offender management system developed in the European Union using artificial intelligence (AI), supports decisions regarding the management of the entire journey of detained and convicted individuals — from the initial intake process to early release or completion of sentence.
Key Features of HORUS 360º iOMS, include:
1. Comprehensive Offender Assessment: The management system incorporates native integration of cutting-edge, evidence-based, risk and needs assessment instruments, providing a thorough evaluation covering general recidivism risk, risk of violence, sexual violence risk, responsivity, mental health, suicide risk, and radicalisation risk.
2. Optimal Inmate Allocation: Supported by scientifically validated models, the predictive analysis and decision support system ensures an optimal allocation of individuals among and within correctional facilities, taking into account their risks and needs.
3. Tailored Rehabilitation Programmes: The HORUS 360º iOMS offers automatic and intelligent recommendations for inmate participation in rehabilitation programmes and activities, supporting including personalised sentence planning based on individual risk and needs profiles, intervention needs, and programme availability.
4. Predictive Behaviour Analysis: Using a sophisticated recidivism prediction model, HORUS 360º iOMS analyses risk and needs assessment data, throughout the execution of the sentence, to provide a predictive behaviour analysis, aiding in proactive decision-making.
5. Inter-Institutional Coordination: The system automates workflows, tasks, and data analysis, fostering seamless coordination across criminal justice organisations for improved efficiency and collaboration.
HORUS 360º iOMS’ revolutionary nature also arises from its unique blend of being evidence-based, simple, reliable, and affordable. As a multilingual, cloud-based, COTS solution, it provides a scalable system that is financially accessible to most jurisdictions.
The adaptability of its modular build allows for seamless customisation and flexibility. HORUS 360º iOMS all-encompassing scope across correctional processes means continuous and future-proof connectivity, integration, and interoperability capabilities.
A Commitment to Transforming Justice Services
Pedro das Neves, CEO of IPS_Innovative Prison Systems, expresses unwavering dedication to technological advancement and the pursuit of humane-centred reform in criminal justice settings. “The development of HORUS 360º reflects our commitment to ushering in a new era in offender management. It’s not just about technology; it’s about empowering justice systems for achieving improved outcomes and contributing to the betterment of society.”
This landmark achievement comes on the heels of the National Innovation Agency’s recognition of IPS for its proficiency in Research and Development (R&D) activities. The ANI seal solidifies the company’s position as a leader in ICT for Public Administration and underscores its ongoing commitment to excellence in the criminal justice sector.
For more than twenty years IPS has been applying its expertise to the successful development of more than 50 innovative transnational projects involving around 300 partners in dozens of countries. The company’s efforts to support reform and positive change span various aspects of the broad spectrum of criminal justice, with researchers and consultants specialising in fields such as Organisation and Digital Transformation; Rehabilitation, Reintegration, and Community; Prevention of Radicalisation, Violent Extremism, and Organised Crime; International Judicial Cooperation and Human Rights; and Training and Development of Prison and Reintegration Professionals.
In the pursuit of improving justice services, particularly in prison and social reintegration systems, IPS consistently promotes or supports initiatives centred around technological innovation. Noteworthy solutions include interactive e-learning resources for training professionals across the justice system and the development of Virtual Reality-enhanced solutions for both professional training and more effective and appealing rehabilitation approaches for individuals under the care of custodial services.
Aiming to create a ubiquitous foundational solution for penitentiary institutions, HORUS 360º iOMS’ development was promoted by IPS in cooperation with research and development partners, and co-financed by the National Innovation Agency (ANI) within the scope of the European Regional Development Fund.